The trend in destination weddings has rapidly grown over the last few years and more couples are choosing to exchange the stress of a traditional wedding for a break away and more intimate celebration with their close family and friends. Some recent facts tell us that 16 percent of all weddings are now a destination wedding and that over one third of those will take place on a beach or somewhere exotic.
Research also shows that the average number of guests for a celebration far away is around 60 people, with the majority of those attending making their own travel arrangements and paying for their own accommodation. This is a great way to keep the costs down if you are looking for a relatively cheap wedding - it is said that most destination weddings turn out at least half the price for a regular wedding celebration with the average regular spend being between $20,000 - $35,000!
Getting married certainly takes an element of organisation on the bride & groom's part, and with an interstate or overseas wedding venue you will definitely need to be on top of things to make sure that all of the guests are prepared. A fantastic way to do this is to use a wedding website, these online portals give you a space to communicate all of the dates, venue information, costs and ideas of the best way to travel, they also allow for your guests to RSVP online and to let you know once they are all booked in.
The wedding location...
Whether you are planning a Florida wedding, Las Vegas wedding, Caribbean island wedding or a destination honeymoon/wedding all in one it would be a good idea to shop around and check which wedding packages will suit you and your guests. When exploring locations for your wedding consider that most all-inclusive holiday resorts will offer a free wedding ceremony when you book your honeymoon or vice-versa, this creates a huge saving for you, plus some places may even throw in an event planner as part of your wedding deal, a bridal planner, if not too expensive, can relieve a lot of stress from the bride to be as they will generally control all of the logistics, have some great wedding ideas and bring everything together on the big day.
Favors and Gift Ideas...
So the location, ceremony and wedding reception are all organized, your guests are on their way and you've got your planner on the case. Make sure that you have organized your personalized wedding favors too, after all, your guests will have gone a long way to be there and deserve a little thank you gift.
If you are worried about fitting your decorations, place cards and thank you gifts all into the one travel case - you can simply order your Coolaz Koozies to double up as a place marker and a personal gift all in one and with the full color digital print you can choose the perfect design to match your wedding theme and not have to worry about extra decorations! Our koozies are so light in weight, perfect for slipping into the bottom of your luggage without having to sacrifice your favorite dress or pair of shoes!
Our top ten destinations...
Still in the planning stages of your wedding? Then check out our top ten destination locations below;
- Cancun, Mexico - With so many exquisite all-inclusive resorts in Cancun or Riviera Maya you will be spoilt for choice.
- Turks and Caicos - With some of the best tropical beaches in the world this destination is perfect for a romantic getaway and marriage.
- Aruba - A modern destination well equipped for the ultimate celebration!
- Dominican Republic - From white sandy beaches to rainforest retreats venue options in the Dom Rep are in abundance.
- Montego Bay, Jamaica - From a secluded garden wedding to a luxurious beach celebration, there is something to suit everyone in the exotic location.
- Bahamas - If youï¿½re after a secluded Island retreat then the Bahamas has all you could ask for and more.
- Tahiti - The perfect place for your special day, with glorious sunsets, white sand, seashells and more!
- Hawaiian Islands - Say aloha to Hawaii and its amazing islands, each has something different to offer you and your guests.
- Cayman Islands - A fantastic destination where you can do as much or as little as you like ï¿½ there is something for everyone in these beautiful islands.
- Canada - Home of the great outdoors, Canada has so much natural beauty and many options for a wonderful wedding ï¿½ try Lake Louise, in Alberta.
Celebrate in the USA!
Our top10 ...
Why not choose a mini-vacation somewhere a little closer to home like one of these;
- Las Vegas, Nevada - Bright lights, adventure, Elvis and even drive thru weddings - the options are endless in Vegas!
- Niagara falls, New York - The perfect spot for a dramatic wedding photograph backdrop, including the Bridal Veil Falls.
- San Juan Islands, Washington - Recently developed for tourism, these forestry islands have the peace and tranquillity required for a small intimate wedding ceremony.
- Savannah, Georgia - A pretty city with a certain southern charm and with white turtle doves in aplenty it is the perfect place for a wedding.
- Juneau, Alaska - Getting married in a secluded spot on the face of a glacier is one you will never forget!
- Napa Valley, California - The rolling hills and fantastic landscape of the Californian wine country is the perfect location for a marriage celebration.
- Florida Keys - Gather your friends and family by the waterï¿½s edge for a sunset wedding at this magical location.
- New York, New York - For a city chic style wedding, this might be the location for you. Maybe a grand venue like Maddison Square Garden ï¿½ after all NY is the City of Dreams!
- Chicago - Let the breeze flow through your veil in this windy city full of historic buildings and fantastic ballroom style venues.
- Aspen, Colorado - Opt for a winter wonderland wedding and take advantage of the snow on the slopes!